Sell Mineral Rights for Maximum Value
Sell Mineral Rights for Maximum Value
Do you want to sell mineral rights for maximum value? Naturally the answer is yes! But how do you sell for maximum value? Many mineral owners start the process completely lost and end up selling far below maximum value. We are going to show you how to avoid common mineral owner mistakes. In addition, we will explain exactly how to sell mineral rights for maximum value in Texas.
Most Common Mineral Owner Mistake
Before you do anything, make sure you avoid the most common mistake. Do you have an offer to sell mineral rights? If you have an offer to sell mineral rights and want to know if it’s fair you’re not alone. The majority of mineral owners don’t think about the value until they have an offer. They suddenly realize that they don’t have any idea if it’s a fair offer to sell mineral rights. What a lot of mineral owners do is accept the offer to sell mineral rights for one of two reasons:
- The buyer has placed a very short deadline on the offer
- They don’t know what it’s worth and they are assured it’s a fair offer
Do not fall into this trap!!! As a mineral owner you need to ensure that you get the best offer. The only way to ensure you sell mineral rights for maximum value is to get multiple competing offers. Mineral rights buyers are experts at making you rush into a decision and convincing you that you’re getting a fair price.
Take a couple minutes and consider two questions:
- Why is the buyer rushing the process?
- Can you really trust a buyer that is purchasing your property to ensure you’re getting a fair price?
Most mineral owners end up selling mineral rights below market value because they don’t know what other options they have. With an offer in hand, pressure to sell, and assurances they are getting a good price, they move forward and leave thousands of dollars on the table. If you avoid this one mistake you will come out way ahead of most mineral owners! Do NOT sell mineral rights to the first offer that you get without considering other offers.
How to sell mineral rights for maximum value
You now know that you need to consider multiple offers. Whether you have an offer to sell mineral rights in Texas or not, it’s important to get your property in front of multiple buyers. Doing so will ensure you sell mineral rights for maximum value in Texas. If you want to sell mineral rights for maximum value, there are two options. You can either sell on your own or work with an industry expert like US Mineral Exchange.
Sell Mineral Rights on your own
This the second most common mineral owner mistake. Finding mineral rights buyers in Texas is simple. Do a quick google search for mineral rights buyers in Texas and you’ll find literally hundreds of companies. A lot of mineral owners mistakenly believe they can handle this on their own. They visit a few random websites and submit their information. They end up getting an offer or two back and then they are stuck in the same situation as before. They have an offer in their hand but they aren’t sure if it’s a fair price.
The biggest problem with selling mineral rights on your own is that you could never contact enough buyers. There are literally thousands of buyers out there. You could spend weeks contacting buyers all day and night and cover less than 1% of the buyers. Most buyers make an offer that’s pretty close to the average offer. To sell mineral rights for maximum value you need to locate the buyer who can afford to pay you well above the average offer. The odds of you finding the specific buyer who can afford to pay the highest price for your property on your own is extremely small. We’ve talked to hundreds of Texas mineral owners and we consistently find people selling far below market value. Over 90% of the time those people decided to sell on their own.
Sell Mineral Rights with an Expert
If you want to sell mineral rights for maximum value you need to work with an expert. Mineral rights are a very specialized type of property. Most mineral owners do not fully understand the market and how to get maximum value. It’s not your fault! The deck is simply stacked against you. Buyers prey on mineral owners lack of knowledge. They exploit mineral owners by getting them to agree to a price that’s below fair market value. To avoid selling mineral rights below market value it’s very important to work with an industry expert.
There are a few important reasons to work with a industry expert but the most important are:
- Access to Buyers: When you work with an expert they can quickly get your property in front of buyers. By quickly getting your property in front of thousands of buyers it ensures that you get the best price. Rather than talking with a couple buyers and getting your property in front of less than 1% of the market you can reach greater than 90% of the market. Getting your property in front of thousands of buyers will ensure you sell mineral rights for maximum value.
- Convenience: What many mineral owners don’t realize is that they will make more money and spend less time by working with an expert. Don’t waste your time talking to 20 buyers when you can reach thousands instantly. Mineral owners typically believe they’ll save money by doing the work themselves. What almost always happens is they end up doing way more work, get frustrated by the process, and end up selling below market value.
- Protection: Let’s pretend you have an offer to sell mineral rights. Let’s also pretend you go out and contact 20 buyers to see if you an find a better price. How do you know who you are talking to? How do you know if you’re being taken advantage of? What if the buyer isn’t legitimate and they are flipping your property to someone else? Working with an expert ensures that you sell mineral rights for maximum value.
Working with an expert is the only way to ensure you sell mineral rights for maximum value. We personally recommend US Mineral Exchange. The reason is that we have talked with a lot of mineral owners who have had very positive results working with them. US Mineral Exchange works directly for mineral owners to make sure you sell mineral rights for maximum value. If you want to avoid getting taken advantage of and selling below market value we highly recommend US Mineral Exchange.
Questions about Selling Mineral Rights for Maximum Value
Do you still have questions about how to sell mineral rights for maximum value? If so, Texas Mineral Group is here to help. Simply fill out the form below. We can help answer all your questions. If you want to sell mineral rights for maximum value fill out the form below.